Schools, Departments & Programs
The Department of Geological Sciences (GEOL) provides training for those who want to become professional geologists and seek careers in the application of earth sciences to the minerals, energy, and environmental industries as well as federal and state agencies, research laboratories, and postsecondary education. The department also provides preparation for students who wish to teach earth science at the secondary school level, and for those who seek a general knowledge of geology and its relationship to other sciences. The recent addition of an Atmospheric Sciences track within the Geological Sciences B.S. degree provides training for those who seek professional careers in the atmospheric sciences.
Majors, Minors, and Programs
- Major in Geological Sciences—B.A.
- Major in Geological Sciences—B.S.
- B.S. Geological Sciences/M.S. Secondary Education
- Minor in Geological Sciences
- Certificate in Atmospheric Science
- Departmental Honors Program
Bloomington, IN 47405-1403
geosciug [at] indiana [dot] edu