Schools, Departments & Programs
Courses in the Department of Political Science (POLS) introduce students to fundamental issues in the political process, conditions that create the need for governments, structure and procedures of governments, control of governments and enforcement of responsibility, and relationships among governments. The department prepares students to assume the duties of citizenship; provides special knowledge and skills useful in public service, law, business, and other careers; and lays a foundation for the scholarly study of government and politics.
The department also has two interdepartmental majors: political science and economics, and political science and philosophy.
The department has a general minor in political science, a minor in international relations, a minor in world political systems, and one interdepartmental minor in political science and economics.
Requirements for these options are listed below.
Majors, Minors, and Programs
- Major in Political Science
- Interdepartmental Major in Political Science and Economics
- Interdepartmental Major in Political Science and Philosophy
- Interdepartmental Honors Program in Political Science and Philosophy
- Minor in Political Science
- Minor in International Relations
- Minor in World Political Systems
- Interdepartmental Minor in Political Science and Economics
- Departmental Honors Program
- Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis
Department of Political Science
Woodburn Hall 210
Bloomington, IN 47405-7110
iupolsci [at] indiana [dot] edu