Policies & Procedures

Academic Policies & Procedures

Grade Appeals and Retroactive Changes
Appeals of grades should be resolved with the instructor who recorded the disputed grade. If the student and instructor cannot resolve the matter, the student should discuss it further with the chair of the department offering the course. Appeals unresolved at the department level may be referred to the academic assistant deans. Appeals of grades or requests for other actions after the conclusion of a course should be made as soon as possible. Such requests will not be considered after one calendar year from the end of the semester in which the course in question was taken. Note that grades of I (Incomplete) or W (Withdrawal) may not be recorded for a course when a student has taken the final exam, or completed the final paper or project for the course.