Home » Admission » Transfer Admission & Qualifications

Undergraduate Programs


Transfer Admission & Qualifications

Transfers from Other IU Campuses

A student at another Indiana University campus, whether coming to IUPUC on a temporary or permanent basis, should contact the IUPUC Office of Admissions for help in beginning the intercampus transfer process.

Transfers from Other Universities 

A student from any other college or university must complete an official undergraduate application through the IUPUC Office of Admissions. Applicants are required to provide official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions they have attended.

IUPUC offers transfer students two categories of undergraduate admission (degree-seeking and visitor).

Degree-Seeking Students

If you wish to enter an undergraduate degree program, you will apply as a degree-seeking student (even if you are unsure of which degree program).

Admission Standards General Policy

For regular admission you must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and be eligible to return to your previous college. If you do not have a 2.0 or you are not eligible to return to your former school, you must apply for reinstatement through IUPUC.

Admission on Probation 

If your grade point average is below 2.0, and you are eligible to return to your previous college, you may be considered for admission on probation.

Credentials needed:

  • Official college transcript from every college attended. An official copy is one that has the embossed or raised seal of the school. Fax copies, photocopies, and grade reports are not considered official.
  • High school transcript, High School Equivalency, or GED if you have fewer than 26 hours of transferable work. (We will accept a faxed high school transcript provided it is sent directly from the high school with the school fax number on the faxed pages.)

Please note that you are responsible for mailing the request to your former colleges and paying whatever fee is charged.

Transfer Credit 

The grades from all course work previously completed are considered in the admission process.

Course work done outside of the IU system with grades of C (2.0) or better are transferred for possible use toward an IUPUC degree. No courses with grades of C– or lower will transfer to IUPUC. None of the grades transferred from other colleges or universities count in the IUPUC grade point average. Some divisions, however, may consider such grades for admission purposes and other academic matters.

How accepted credit is applied to program requirements is determined by the division and/or department that offer the course(s). Courses that were completed 10 years ago or even more recently may not be accepted in some programs and must be approved by the individual division awarding the degree.

Course work taken at another institution for which there is an equivalent Indiana or Purdue University course (in terms of course description, level, and prerequisites) will generally be transferred as credit in the equivalent courses. Other course work will be transferred as undistributed and reviewed by the appropriate division to determine how it will be counted toward degree requirements. In addition, the university does not accept the transference of special credit by examination awarded by another college or university.

Courses taken at another institution on a quarter system rather than a semester system will be evaluated as carrying fewer credit hours (e.g., a 3 credit hour course taken on a quarter system will transfer as 2 credit hours).