Facility Usage

The Trustees of Indiana University reserve the right to control the use of university facilities to ensure that events conducted therein are compatible with the mission of the university. The university will at all times seek to offer to students and faculty groups opportunities to meet, hear, and exchange ideas and views, however controversial, but it does not license and will not tolerate what is illegal. For the purposes of this policy statement, the term ‘‘facilities’’ shall include grounds owned by the university as well as non-residential buildings and structures that are on university property. Groups wishing to reserve space in the IU Southeast lodges should contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing for amenities, rates and fees, policies and availability. Space is generally only available for use when classes are not in session.

University-related individuals or groups wishing to reserve university facilities should contact the Office of Conference and Dining Services b calling 812-941-2150. Three rate structures are in effect: university, nonprofit, and profit. Costs may be obtained from the Conference and Dining Office.

In those cases where a university-related group or office wishes to use a university facility for an income-producing event, specific authorization for the event must be obtained from the manager of conference and dining services. A facility usage fee may be charged for the event.

Individuals and groups who are not university-related but wish to reserve a university facility should contact the Conference and Dining Office in University Center. A charge will be assessed in accordance with a schedule of facility fees on file in the conference and dining office.

The university does not normally make its facilities available for income-producing purposes if the funds are designed to enrich an individual, organization, or commercial sponsor. Non–university-related individuals or organizations wishing to use a university facility for income-producing purposes must write to the Conference and Dining office, setting forth the nature of the income-producing activity and its purposes.


All requests for the use of university facilities should be made in writing and should be submitted not less than five working days before the scheduled event. Time, place, and manner may be restricted. Questions regarding this policy may be directed to the conference and dining services office. Groups requesting overnight accommodations in University lodges must complete appropriate paperwork, agreements, and pre-payments no less than 30 days prior to their arrival on campus. Questions regarding lodge facility use and summer conference accommodations may be directed to the Office of Residence Life and Housing.

Charges will be assessed in accordance with a schedule of facility fees on file in the manager’s office. The university catering service will provide for all food and beverage needs for any event held in university facilities. Sponsors of any activity requiring any type of food or beverage must make arrangements through Conference and Dining Services in the University Center. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Conference and Dining office. Possession or use of alcoholic beverages on university property is permitted by authorization only. The university reserves the right to reject any and all applications for the use of facilities. Further, the university reserves the right to make adjustments in confirmed reservations for facilities when such action becomes necessary.

Academic Bulletins

Request Information

Not a student yet? Complete the Request for Information form and someone from the Admissions office will contact you with more information.

Request More Information Today!