Undergraduate Academic Programs
Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. A student who decides to pursue this minor should visit the records office of his or her degree-granting school/unit to have this minor officially added as an academic objective. Students are responsible for checking with their degree-granting schools/units to determine whether or not this minor may be officially recorded on their transcripts.
Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Shu Cole for academic advising.
Director, Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Minor Program
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of Public Health - Bloomington
SPH 133 E
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
colest [at] indiana [dot] edu
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs outside the tourism, hospitality, and event management major, who wish to add a tourism management specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Core Courses (9 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- SPH-T 201 Tourism and Commercial Recreation (3 cr.)
- SPH-T 211 International Tourism (3 cr.)
- SPH-T 301 Sustainable Tourism (3 cr.)
Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Elective Courses (6 cr.)
Complete two courses from the following list:
- SPH-O 412 Ecotourism: Administration and Management (3 cr.)
- SPH-R 412 Marketing for Leisure Services (3 cr.)
- SPH-R 425 Strategic Planning for Recreation, Park, and Tourism Organizations (3 cr.)
- SPH-T 321 Resort Management (3 cr.)
- SPH-T 323 Festival and Event Management (3 cr.)