Undergraduate Academic Programs
Youth Sport Management
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Craig Ross for academic advising.
Director, Youth Sport Management Minor
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of Public Health - Bloomington
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
cmross [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students who wish to add a youth sport management specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Youth Sport Management Core Courses (9 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 206 Recreational Sport Programming (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 354 Sport and Violence: Influences and Issues (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 472 Youth Sport Management (3 cr.)
Youth Sport Management Elective Course: (6 cr.)
Complete two courses from the following list:
Note: No substitutions allowed.
- EDUC-K 205 Introduction to Exceptional Children (3 cr.)
- EDUC-P 249 Growth and Development in Early Childhood (3 cr.)
- EDUC-P 314 Lifespan Development (3 cr.)
- EDUC-P 351 Foundation of Child Development (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 150 Introduction to Lifespan Human Development (3 cr.) +S&H
- HPER-R 430 Event Planning and Program Development (3 cr.)
- HPER-T 101 Introduction to Resource Development/Fundraising (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 315 Developmental Psychology (3 cr.)
- SOC-S 344 Sociology of Childhood (3 cr.)
+ Courses followed by the S&H notation may apply to both the minor requirements and to the general education, social and historical studies requirement for bachelor's degree students.