Undergraduate Academic Programs
Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Shu Cole for academic advising.
Director, Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Minor Program
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of Public Health - Bloomington
HPER 133 E
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
colest [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs outside the tourism, hospitality, and event management major, who wish to add a tourism management specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Core Courses (9 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 236 Tourism and Commercial Recreation (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 240 International Tourism (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 350 Sustainable Tourism (3 cr.)
Tourism, Hospitality, and Event Management Elective Courses (6 cr.)
Complete two courses from the following list:
- HPER-R 352 Resort Management (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 353 Festival and Event Management (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 422 Marketing for Leisure Services (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 429 Ecotourism: Administration and Management (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 468 Strategic Planning for Recreation, Park, and Tourism Organizations (3 cr.)