Undergraduate Academic Programs
Therapeutic Outdoor Programs
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Alan Ewert for academic advising.
Director, Therapeutic Outdoor Programs Minor
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of Public Health - Bloomington
HPER 133 A
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
aewert [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students who wish to add a therapeutic outdoor programs specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Therapeutic Outdoor Programs Core Courses (12 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 279 Outdoor Adventure Education (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 345 Therapeutic Outdoor Instructional Techniques (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 398 Practicum in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 412 Principles of Therapeutic Outdoor Programs (3 cr.)
Therapeutic Outdoor Programs Elective Courses (3 cr.)
Complete one course from the following list:
- HPER-R 270 Inclusion in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 277 Foundations of Recreational Therapy Practice (3 cr.)
- HPER-T 220 Disability, Health, and Function (3 cr.)