Standard Admission to the Kelley School is selective. To be eligible to apply for Standard Admission during spring 2014, students must:
- Be admitted to IU Bloomington and enrolled on the Bloomington campus for at least one semester.
- Complete at least 26 hours of college coursework. For most students, this will require two semesters on the IU Bloomington campus.
- Maintain "B" performance across all courses. Please note that a “B-” does not meet this requirement. The admissions committee reviews grades in all courses, not just business courses. The grades for college level coursework completed in high school or prior to matriculation at IU Bloomington will be factored into a student's application review. However, the most important grades will be those received at IU Bloomington.
- Demonstrate commitment to course load. Students with no withdrawals (W) have stronger applications.
- Take all courses for letter grades: Graded courses that are taken for pass/fail weaken an applicant’s application. The Kelley Admissions Committee considers any graded course that is taken pass/fail as a grade of B- or lower.
- Complete at least 12 credit hours, on the IU Bloomington campus using courses from lists A, B, and C below, following the guidelines about the number of courses that need to be taken from each list. For each course, students may take the listed course, the Honors version, or an approved substitute:
List A: Take at least one of these choices at IU Bloomington:
- BUS-K 201
- BUS X-201
List B: Take at least one of these choices at IU Bloomington:
- ENG-W 131
- BUS-C 104
- BUS-C 204
- BUS-L 201
- BUS-G 202 AND BUS-D 270
List C: Take at least two of these choices at IU Bloomington:
- BUS-A 201
- BUS-A 202
- ECON-E 201
- ECON-E 202
- MATH-M 118
- MATH-M 119
- ECON-E 370
- BUS-A 100 AND BUS-G 202
- All applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency (see Kelley Undergraduate Admission website for details).
- All applicants whose native language is not English must also complete all SLST-T 101 courses recommended as a result of scores on the Indiana English Proficiency Exam.
- Submit an online application at http://kelley.iu.edu/ugrad/admissions/index.cfm?x=1 by the required deadline. Application deadlines are April 1 for June admission and November 1 for January admission. Grades for all coursework required for admission must be recorded on the student’s IU Bloomington transcript by the end of the semester in which the student applies.