Extended X

Effective with the Spring 2004 semester, undergraduate students who wish to repeat a course in which they received a grade below an “A” must secure approval from their academic advisor. The course in which the student re-enrolls should be the same course which is being replaced. However, course numbers and titles occasionally change, and this will be taken into account. A student may exercise the Extended X option for no more than three courses, totaling no more than 10 credits during an academic career. In addition, a student may use the Extended X option only once for any given course. A student who has failed a course due to academic dishonesty may not retake that course for grade replacement under this policy. To exercise the Extended X option, students must obtain an Extended X form from their academic unit, secure the appropriate signatures, and return the form to the Office of the Registrar.

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.