Bloomington Campus

Doctoral Minors

Urban Affairs Minor

(12 credit hours) Students in doctoral programs at Indiana University may, with the consent of their advisory committee, choose urban affairs as an outside minor. The minor is flexible and is designed by students and their advisors in accordance with students’ needs.

  • After consulting the director of the Joint Ph.D. in Public Policy Program, the doctoral candidate must secure an advisor from the faculty of the School of Public and Environmental Affairs. This faculty advisor serves as the school’s representative in all examinations or other minor program requirements of the candidate’s Ph.D. program. The advisor determines the character of the minor examination (if any), participates in the candidate’s oral examinations, and certifies that the candidate has met the requirements of the minor.
  • The candidate must take at least 12 credit hours of graduate-level courses related to urban affairs. Courses should be selected from at least two departments outside that of the candidate’s major. The selection of courses must be approved by the candidate’s SPEA advisor.
  • A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) must be maintained.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.