Student Learning Outcomes
General Practice Residency Program
The graduate of the General Practice Residency program will be prepared to:
- function as a patient’s primary care provider, treating or managing all aspects of oral health care using advanced dental treatment modalities as well as understanding the oral health needs of the community by engaging in community service and directing health promotion and disease prevention activities;
- enhance and expand knowledge and skills in multidisciplinary comprehensive and emergency dental care, therefore providing a greater confidence in all phases of professional life;
- plan and provide multidisciplinary oral health care for a wide variety of patients including patients with special needs and while utilizing the values of professional ethics, lifelong learning, patient-centered care, adaptability, and acceptance of cultural diversity in professional practice.
- interact with other health care professionals in the hospitals, outpatient clinics, community health center environments, and within interdisciplinary health care teams, in order to facilitate the patients' total health care; and
- participate in critical-thinking analysis, evidenced-based care, and technology-based information retrieval systems and apply this knowledge in treatment decisions and continuous quality improvement.