BS in Informatics
Information Technology Cognate
This cognate fulfills the Information Technology minor.
Four, instead of two, Advanced Informatics courses must be completed if substituting CSCI-C 211/C 212 for INFO-I 210/I 211 in the major.
- CSCI-A 338 Network Technologies and Administration
- CSCI-C 211 Introduction to Computer Science and CSCI-C 212 Introduction to Software Systems
- CSCI-A 201 Introduction to Programming I and CSCI-A 202 Introduction to Programming II
Select one course (or option) from the following:
- CSCI-A 216 Digital Multimedia Concepts and Technologies
- CSCI-A 321 Computing Tools for Scientific Research
- CSCI-A 348 Mastering the World Wide Web
- Any three different topics of CSCI-A 290 Tools for Computing (if not part of a CSCI-A 202 course - see advisor for this exception)