- MUS X002 Piano Accompanying (2 cr.) For BM piano majors who have passed the upper-division examination and for MM, AD, and PD piano majors. Other qualified students may enroll with approval of the choral department. Assignment to studio accompanying in lieu of ensemble participation.
- MUS X030 Ballet Ensemble (2 cr.) Required of all ballet students; elective for students outside the Jacobs School of Music with consent of instructor. Rehearsals for ballet and opera production.
- MUS X040 Instrumental Ensembles (2 cr.)
Bands There are three concerts bands (Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band), Marching Hundred, and Athletic Pep Band. The Pep Band is organized following the football season from members of the Marching Hundred.
Orchestras There are four symphony orchestras (Philharmonic, Concert, Symphony, and University), a chamber orchestra, a baroque/classical (period instrument) orchestra, and the New Music Ensemble.
Jazz Bands There are four jazz bands.
- MUS X050 Marching Hundred for Non–Music Majors (2 cr.) Open to all enrolled students on the Bloomington campus.
- MUS X060 Early Music Ensembles (2 cr.) Concentus, a mixed instrumental/vocal ensemble constituted differently to fit the repertoire of each concert, is required of all early music majors.
- MUS X070 Choral Ensembles (2 cr.) Choral ensembles include the University Singers, University Chorale, Contemporary Vocal Ensemble, Pro Arte, Singing Hoosiers, International Vocal Ensemble, Opera Chorus (2), Women’s Chorus, Symphonic Choir, Motet Choir, and Morning Choral Ensembles (4).
- MUS X080 Opera Technical Crew (2 cr.)
- MUS X090 Audio Technical Crew (2 cr.) Required of all recording arts majors.
- MUS X091 String Repair Technical Crew (2 cr.) Required of all string instrument technology majors. Supervised execution of repair and maintenance techniques for string instruments.