BUS–W 499 Co-op/Intern Work Assignment Off-Campus (0 cr.) This course is the Kelley School of Business course designation for off-campus COOP/Internship participation. Registration in BUS-W 499 will be listed on a student’s transcript during the semester(s) that the student is participating in an internship. Students request “enrollment” in W499 by completing the online W499 registration form located on the Undergraduate Career Services Office (UCSO) website at https://ucso.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/students/brochures/InternshipReportingbrochure.cfm. W499 registration provides documentation of an off-campus internship experience only and does not grant any credits or additional privileges.
BUS–X 498 Credit for Internship Course (2 cr.) P: Junior standing or permission of the instructor. This course is designed to deepen the overall learning gained from an internship. By completing structured assignments that relate to both the internship work and to elements of the broad-based business curriculum at the Kelley School, the value of the internship may be markedly increased. To earn credit for an internship, a student must participate in an internship that:
- is supervised; they must be based in the company premises and meet in person with a supervisor at least once a week to discuss progress, challenges, etc. is at least nine weeks in length and 35–40 hours per week
- involves learning something useful, not just doing “busy work”
- includes project-oriented work, and the student must have the responsibility for a relevant business project from start to finish
- is related to the further understanding of career fields and/or coursework
- increases employability in major field of interest
- includes the student’s successful completion of all coursework and assignments
See the UCSO website for further details about internships that qualify for this course. To register, students must submit the online application form through the UCSO website at: https://ucso.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/students/brochures/InternshipReportingbrochure.cfm prior to beginning the internship position.