Undergraduate Academic Programs
Therapeutic Outdoor Programs
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Alan Ewert for academic advising.
Director, Therapeutic Outdoor Programs Minor
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of HPER
HPER 133 A
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
aewert [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students who wish to add a therapeutic outdoor programs specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Courses Required for the Minor in Therapeutic Outdoor Programs:
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 270 Inclusive Recreation (3 cr.) or HPER-R 277 Introduction to Therapeutic Recreation (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 342 Introduction to Therapeutic Outdoor Programs (1 cr.)
- HPER-R 345 Outdoor Experiential Education: Instructional Techniques (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 378 Techniques in Therapeutic Recreation (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 399 Practicum in Therapeutic Outdoor Programs (2-3 cr.)
- HPER-R 412 Principles of Therapeutic Outdoor Programs (3 cr.)