Undergraduate Academic Programs
Recreation and Park Administration
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Journalism may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Sarah Young for academic advising.
Director, Recreation and Park Administration Minor Program
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of HPER
HPER 133 F
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
sarjyoun [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs outside the park and recreation management major, who wish to add a recreation and park administration specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Recreation and Park Administration Core Courses (9 cr.):
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 160 Foundations of Recreation and Leisure (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 272 Recreation Activities and Leadership Methods (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 367 Event Planning and Program Development (3 cr.)
Recreation and Park Administration Elective Courses (6 cr.):
Complete two of the following courses:
- HPER-R 206 Recreational Sport Programming (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 270 Inclusive Recreation Services (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 338 Integrated Resource Management (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 365 Leisure and Aging (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 441 Legal Aspects of Recreation (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 466 Management of Leisure Services (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 471 Human Resources Management in Leisure Services (3 cr.)