Undergraduate Academic Programs
Human Development and Family Studies
Undergraduate students may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Leila Dabbagh for academic advising.
Department of Applied Health Science
School of HPER
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
ldabbagh [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs other than the human development and family studies major, who wish to add this specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum grade of C- in each course used in the minor.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Human Development and Family Studies Core Course (6 cr.):
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-F 150 Introduction to Life Span Development (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 258 Marriage and Family Interaction (3 cr.)
Human Development and Family Studies Elective Courses (9 cr.)
Complete three of the following courses:
- HPER-F 255 Human Sexuality (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 317 Topical Seminar in Human Development and Family Studies (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 341 Effects of Divorce on Children (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 345 Parent-Child Relations (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 346 Human Development I—Conception through Early Childhood (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 347 Human Development II—Middle Childhood through Adolescence (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 348 Human Development III—Early, Middle, and Late Adulthood (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 355 Leading Family Process Discussion Groups (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 370 Family Health and the Media (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 417 African American and Latino Families (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 453 Family Life Education (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 457 Stress and Resilience in the Family (3 cr.)
- HPER-F 460 Grief in a Family Context (3 cr.)