Departments & Programs
Psychological and Brain Sciences
Interdepartmental Major in Psychology and Speech and Hearing Sciences
Students must complete a minimum of 40 credit hours, including at least 12 credit hours at or above the 300 level in psychology, and at least 12 credit hours at or above the 300 level in speech and hearing sciences.
Students must also complete the degree requirements for the B.A. in the College of Arts and Sciences.
1. One of the following entry-level sequences:
- P155, P199, and P211 or
- P106 and P199 or
- P101, P102, P199, and P211
(Note: P299 may be substituted for P199 in any of the sequences above.)
2. PSY-K 300 or K310 or a substitute approved by the undergraduate advisor.
3. 3 credit hours from P303, P325, P326, P327, P329, P330, P335, P337, P340, P346, P349, P350, P357 (depending on topic), P402 (depending on topic), P405, P407, P410, P411, P413, P416, P417, P423, P437, P438, P444, P459.
4. 3 credit hours from P304, P315, P316, P319, P320, P323, P324, P336, P357 (depending on topic), P375, P402 (depending on topic), P425, P430, P434, P442, P446, P447, P448.
5. Advanced laboratory: one from P421, P424, P426, P429, P435, P436, P493, P494, P495, or P499. (Another 400-level PSY course may be substituted for this requirement by permission of the undergraduate advisor.)
6. One additional course in psychology numbered 300 or above.
Speech and Hearing Sciences
- S275, S333.
- S201 or S375.
- At least three courses from S307, S420, S436, S444, S445, S475, S478.
The following courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C–:
- Mathematics M118, or M119, or M120, or a 200-level mathematics course, or the equivalent.
- A one-semester course in biology.
- Linguistics L103 or L303.