Departments & Programs
Minor in Philosophy
Students must complete a minimum of 15 College of Arts and Sciences credit hours of philosophy, including:
1. Not more than one course at the 100 level.
2. At least two courses at the 300 or 400 level.
3. At least one course above the 100 level in three of the following areas. (Note: In unusual circumstances students may petition to the director of undergraduate studies for an exception, but in all cases a minor must involve course work above the 100 level in at least two areas):
- Ethics or value theory
- History of philosophy
- Epistemology and metaphysics
- Special topics
4. At least two courses must be completed in one of the areas listed above.