Mission, Vision, and Goals
The mission of the School of Optometry is to protect, advance and promote the vision, eye care and health of people worldwide by:
- Preparing individuals for careers in optometry, the ophthalmic industry and vision science; and
- Advancing knowledge through teaching, research and service.
This will be accomplished through the Doctor of Optometry, Optician/Technician, residency and graduate programs.
Our vision is to achieve an integrated vision science and clinical training academic program that is a leader in translating discovery to patient care through teaching, research and service. This vision reinforces the Indiana University School of Optometry commitment to advancing and communicating knowledge of Optometry and Vision Science for the benefit of the state, the nation and the world.
The 2012-2017 goals of the School of Optometry focus on four areas:
- Create an environment that fosters excellence
- Advance optometric and vision science teaching
- Expand patient care resources and clinical training.
- Maintain high quality applicants to IUSO OD program.