New and transfer students receive their initial academic advising during orientation. Continuing students meet with a University College advisor, who helps them chart their first few semesters and prepares them to transfer to their degree-granting schools. Students with dual admission will most likely be advised by staff or faculty from their intended schools or programs.

Once students transfer to degree-granting schools, they should meet with their school’s advisors to chart the completion of required courses, discuss post-graduation careers or further educational options, and get help with academic difficulties. Students may be assigned an advisor, but if not, they should ask for one.