About the Kelley Undergraduate Program

Minors and Certificate

Optional Minors for Kelley Students

Students in the Kelley School may elect to complete the requirements for a minor in another IU Bloomington School. The department offering the minor defines the requirements for the minor and students are required to follow that department’s rules regarding grades, prerequisites, and course requirements. Up to three minors may appear on the student’s Indiana University transcript.

Minors for Non-Kelley Students

Students pursuing a baccalaureate degree on the Bloomington campus in the College of Arts and Sciences; the School of Music; the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation; the School of Continuing Studies; the School of Informatics; or the School of Public and Environmental Affairs may obtain one or more minors in business by successfully fulfilling the appropriate requirements. Courses may not be taken through independent study/correspondence; all 300/400 level courses must be taken on the IU Bloomington campus; courses may not be taken pass/fail. The College of Arts and Sciences, School of Continuing Studies, and School of Journalism require a grade of C- or higher in each course (except for K201, which requires a grade of C or higher), and an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses required for the minor. All other units or schools on the IU Bloomington campus require a grade of C in K201 and an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses required for the minor. The College of Arts and Sciences limits the number of credit hours outside the College that will count toward their degree; see the College of Arts and Sciences Bulletin for details. Students who are unclear about requirements or minimum grades should check with the College Recorder’s Office, Kirkwood Hall 001.

It is the student’s responsibility to check with his or her individual school to make sure the proper procedures for declaring the minor and completing requirements are followed. Students completing a business minor should fill out an online application or the Application for Minor form in the Recorder’s Office of the school in which they intend to graduate in order to have the minor listed on their transcripts. If a school has not yet accepted a minor for inclusion in transcripts, a business academic advisor may write a letter stating that a student has completed all the coursework required for a particular minor.

Students should meet with an advisor from their major department to ensure that program planning is accurate.

Certificate for Non-Kelley Students

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.