Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Physical Education, students will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Knowledge and skills needed to conduct original research within the area of kinesiology and/or to enter a program to earn an advanced degree in kinesiology or related fields.
- Communicate the knowledge of kinesiology across disciplines and translate it to the general public.
- Think critically and creatively to evaluate literature in the field of kinesiology.
- Apply ethics within the field of kinesiology.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Event Tourism, students will know and be able to:
- Develop, synthesize and execute principles of event tourism through research.
- Conduct research in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Demonstrate best practices in event tourism research.
- Interpret and appraise event tourism sustainability critically and reflectively.
- Examine and predict event tourism industry trends.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including tourism professionals and the general public.
- Work productively with persons from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Practice a sense of community and civic mindedness.
Last updated January 2012