Master of Arts in Economics
Students with good credentials in any discipline may apply to the program, but successful applicants usually demonstrate an ability in economics or other areas with significant training in mathematics.
Applicants must submit:
- an application form,
- official transcripts of all relevant academic work,
- three (3) letters of recommendation from people capable of assessing the student’s potential for graduate study (at least two are normally from former instructors),
- scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), and
- a personal statement indicating why they wish to earn an advanced degree in economics.
Graduate study in Economics also requires knowledge of intermediate-level undergraduate economic theory, differential and integral calculus, and statistics. An applicant whose academic record does not meet the standard in a particular area may be admitted if his or her record is outstanding in other respects.
Foreign applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and receive a score of 550 or above. A score of 600 and above is usually needed to be successful in the Economics program.
They will also be required to take an on-campus exam for English proficiency prior to their first semester of course work and may be required to take additional classes in English as a second language. We also accept successful completion of ELS 112 in lieu of a TOEFL score for admission.
To apply online please Click Here
Students typically enter the program in August. Applications for admission may be submitted up through June 15.
PhD in Economics
There are admission prerequisites for the phd program.
For a complete application you will need to submit:
- online application
- personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- GRE and TOEFL (for International students) scores
- college transcripts
- supplemental questions required by the department (Application Supplemental Questions )
Submit materials to the following address:
IUPUI Department of Economics
425 University Boulevard, CA516
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5140
International students will find useful information at the Office of International Affairs: http://iapply.iupui.edu/
IUPUI Office of International Affairs Guide for International Students:http://iservices.iupui.edu/visa-tutorial/