Master of Laws (LL.M.)
American Law for Foreign Lawyers
The American Law for Foreign Lawyers track creates opportunities for foreign law graduates and lawyers to:
- Gain practical and theoretical knowledge in selected areas of American law.
- Learn the skills of legal research, analysis and communication essential to understanding and applying American law.
- Strengthen their ability effectively to represent foreign clients in transactions with American entities.
- Enhance their ability to provide representation in their native countries to American clients.
- Obtain a degree leading to academic appointments in their native countries or elsewhere.
- Build an international network of professional contacts.
- Refine their English language skills and understanding of American culture.
- Obtain a degree permitting them to sit for bar examinations in several American jurisdictions.
Lloyd T. Wilson, Jr.
Professor of Law
Director, Chinese Law Summer Program