Student Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Science in Media Arts and Science
Students in the Media Arts and Science program will acquire competencies in several domains. They will:
- Understand digital media and its effective use as a form of communication.
- Communicate ideas effectively in written and oral form to a range of audiences.
- Work effectively as a member of a team to achieve a common goal.
- Analyze a problem, identify and evaluate alternatives, plan an appropriate solution.
- Appreciate the history, theory, and traditions of digital media. Evaluate media from multiple perspectives using the theories, concepts, and language of digital media.
- Demonstrate mastery of the concepts, techniques, and tools in one or more digital media specialties.
- Apply knowledge and skills to develop professional quality digital media productions in a timely manner and utilizing best practices and standards.
- Explain the impact of digital media on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Acknowledge diverse opinions regarding professional, ethical, legal, and social issues with a global perspective.
- Appreciate the need for lifelong learning and have a plan for continuing professional development.