The undergraduate certificate allows a student majoring in another subject to get appropriate training in informatics and obtain certification as someone who knows how to apply informatics tools to that subject area.
- Minimum grade of 2.0 (C) in all courses taken for the certificate.
- Students are required to complete 27 credit hours from the following list:
- INFO I101 Introduction to Informatics (4 cr.)
- INFO I202 Social Informatics (3 cr.)
- INFO I210 Information Infrastructure I (4 cr.)
- INFO I211 Information Infrastructure II (4 cr.)
- INFO I300 Human-Computer Interaction (3 cr.)
- INFO I303 Organizational Informatics (3 cr.)
- INFO I308 Information Representation (3 cr.)
In addition, students must take an additional course (3 credit hours) from the informatics curriculum. These additional courses can be chosen from the listed electives for informatics and can therefore be taken in another department, if the other department is not the student’s major department.