Student Learning Outcomes
Doctor of Philosophy in Informatics - Health Informatics
Upon completion of the Health Informatics PhD program, students will be able to:
- Skilled in the analysis, design, and implementation of information systems that support and expand the delivery of health care.
- Function as translators between clinicians and information technology personnel.
- Insure that information systems capture and present critical health information.
- Interact with non-health care professionals, such as computer science, information science, cognitive science, and other researchers in order to better understand how their knowledge advances health informatics science.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge on health informatics research approaches.
- Propose innovative approaches to the development of health informatics knowledge.