Student Learning Outcomes
Certificate in Clinical Informatics
Individuals graduating from this program will be able to lead the successful deployment and use of health IT to achieve transformational improvement in the quality, safety, outcomes, and thus the value, of health services in clinical areas.
- Understanding technology and methodologies for processing data, information and knowledge in Health Care
- Explain concepts of information and communication technologies.
- Integrate data from disparate systems found in hospitals and clinics.
- Implement standards and terminologies for documenting health events and exchanging protected health information.
- Information Literacy for Health Care
- Determine the nature and extent of the information needed.
- Access needed information effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate outcomes of the use of information in clinical practice.
- Information Management
- Verbalize the importance of Health Information Systems to clinical practice.
- Have knowledge of various types of Health Information Systems and their clinical and administrative uses.
- Assure confidentiality of protected patient health information when using Health Information Systems.
- Assure access control in the use of Health Information Systems
- Assure the security of Health Information Systems