Resources & Services
Adaptive Educational Services (AES)
IUPUI is committed to helping students with disabilities achieve their goals by augmenting their existing strengths and abilities. Adaptive Educational Services (AES) provides a range of services based on the documented needs of qualified students with disabilities that meet the requirements of the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. In addition to providing informational workshops around campus to increase the awareness of the ADAAA and the university’s responsibilities towards students with disabilities, AES also:
- facilitates tests that require extended time
- provides interpreters
- maintains special equipment in the library
- provides online software
- coordinates financial support and service through Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation
- provides note takers
- works with faculty to make reasonable modifications of programs and courses for students with disabilities
- upholds academic standards
- and maintains legally appropriate confidentiality for students with disabilities.
For more information please visit the web site, http://aes.iupui.edu, or call (317) 274-3241.
Accommodations for Placement Testing
Students who, due to a documented disability, need special equipment, extended time, or tests taken in a separate room for placement testing, orientation, or for academic classes—must contact Adaptive Educational Services (AES) at (317) 274-3241 located in Joseph T. Taylor Hall (UC) Suite 100. Since registering with AES and providing them with documentation and arranging services takes time, students should notify AES as soon as possible before classes start and before or at the time they need to schedule placement tests.