Resources and Services
Parking and Transportation
Parking is available to students, staff, and faculty by permit. “A” permits are reserved for faculty and staff only. Students are eligible to purchase an “E” permit. Students may purchase “E” semester parking permits when registering for classes. Parking fees are published each semester in the Registration Guide.
Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Parking without a permit or in an invalid space will result in a citation. Repeat offenders risk the possibility of having their cars towed or being checklisted from registering for classes or purchasing a new parking permit.
People with a physical disability should contact the bursar’s office to request a special parking permit. The staff can authorize special permits for short-term disabilities, but students must get state certification before receiving a special long-term parking permit. Disabled permits allow you to park in any parking area.
Parking Fees and Fines
- All vehicles parked in a permit lot must properly display a parking permit attached to the rear view mirror so that the letter designation is clearly visible from the front of the vehicle.
- Parking of motor vehicles on campus is confined to areas designated for that purpose. Parking is prohibited on lawns, in construction/maintenance areas, or any other area that would mar the landscape of campus, create a hazard or interfere with use of University facilities by others.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff may not park in Visitor Parking. Visitor parking is limited to IUPUC visitors only. If someone will be visiting for more than one hour, they must go to the IUPUC Business Office and obtain a temporary permit.
- Any vehicle in violation of parking regulations or any which are apparently abandoned (left more than 48 hours) may be towed and stored at the owner's expense.
- During the winter months, and when there is snow on the ground, please make every attempt to remove your vehicle form campus property after hours. Vehicles left on campus may become “Plowed In” during snow removal. Please note that this is not intentionally done, but is an unavoidable component of the snow removal process.
- Accumulation of 2 or more unpaid parking citations can result in a car being booted. All fines will be paid to the Bursar's Office as well as a $50 boot removal fee prior to the vehicle being released.
- In addition to IUPUC regulations, Students, Faculty, Staff and visitors are subject to the parking rules and regulations set forth by IUPUI where applicable on the IUPUC Campus.