School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Humanities
Bachelor of Arts in English (Writing, Editing, and Media)
- 9 specified hours:
- ENG-L 202 Literary Interpretation (3 cr.)
- ENG-L 371 Critical Practices (3 cr.)
- ENG-L 495 Senior Seminar (3 cr.)
- 33 credit hours (from the following categories):
- Literatures in English: Beginnings through 18th Century (3 cr.)
- Literatures in English: 19th Century (3 cr.)
- Literatures in English: 20th/21st Century (3 cr.)
- World/Gender/Multicultural Literature (3 cr.)
- ENG-W 365 Theories and Practices of Editing (3 cr.)
- English writing electives (prefix W) at the 200-level or above (9 cr.)
(Note: Courses in journalism, grantwriting, and publishing may also fulfill the writing Electives requirement. Please see an academic advisor for details.)
- ENG-W 398 Internship in Writing (3 cr.)
- Digital media or journalism electives (6 cr.)* Please see an advisor for details.
*Note: These courses may also be used to meet general education requirements in SHSS.
- No more than 12 credit hours in the major may be at the 200 level.
- In item 3 above, students may substitute one elective at the 300-level or above from a related field or discipline approved by a departmental advisor (literature in another language, history, film studies, African American studies, women’s studies, folklore, new media communication, philosophy, etc.).
- No grade in any of these courses may be lower than a C-.