School of Sciences
Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science Degrees
- The regular matriculation requirements of Indiana University.
- A minimum of 120 credit hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- A student must complete a total of 30 credit hours in 300–400-level courses within the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and the School of Sciences, although credits may come from both schools.
- Completion of 30 of the last 60 credit hours at Indiana University Kokomo.
- No more than 15 credit hours in courses outside the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and the School of Sciences
- Major - at least 40 credit hours. See requirements for specific degree programs.
- The campus General Education requirements – found earlier in this bulletin
Indiana University Kokomo provides a unique experience for entering freshman students designed to help them acclimate to their new college environment and to get to know students in their major. The School of Sciences Freshman Learning Community course, SSCI- E 105, is a one-credit hour experience taught in the Fall of the freshman year.