School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Sociology, History, and Political Science
Minors in Sociology, History, and Political Science
Students must complete 18 credit hours in sociology with a grade of C or higher in each course.
- SOC-S 100 Introduction to Sociology (3 cr.) or SOC-S 101 Social Problems and Policies (3 cr.).
- SOC-S 252 Methods of Sociological Research. It is strongly recommended that I U Kokomo students selecting a minor in sociology complete SOC-S252, Methods of Sociological Research, at the earliest possible opportunity before taking advanced upper level courses in sociology.)
- Any four 300-, or 400-level sociology courses (12 cr.).
Students must complete 15 credit hours in history with a grade of C– or higher in each course.
- HIST-H 113 or HIST-H 114 History of Western Civilization I or II (3 cr.), and HIST-H 105 or HIST-H 106 American History: General Course I or II (3 cr.)
- Any three 300- or 400-level history courses (9 cr.).
Students must complete 15 credit hours in political science with a grade of C– or higher in each course.
- POLS-Y 103 Introduction to American Politics (3 cr.)
- POLS-Y 217 Introduction to Comparative Politics (3 cr.) or POLS-Y 219 Introduction to International Relations (3 cr.)
- Any three 200, 300, or 400-level political science courses (9 cr.) with a limit of 3 credit hours at the 200 level.