School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Psychology
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- See the “Degree Requirements for a BA in Humanities and Social Sciences” section under the “School of Humanities and Social Sciences” for General Education and other basic requirements.
- Psychology Major Requirements for BA: Students must complete a minimum of 39 credit hours in psychology with a grade of C- or higher in each course.
Psychology Core Requirements: The following courses are required of all psychology majors:
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology (3 cr.) - this also serves as a general education course for psychology majors
- PSY-P 2?? Introduction to Psychological Inquiry (3 cr.) (course in development)
- PSY-P 216 Life Span Developmental Psychology (3 cr.)
- PSY-K 300 Statistical Techniques (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 355 Experimental Psychology (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 459 History & Systems of Psychology (3 cr.)*
Category I: Choose 2 of these 4 courses:
- PSY-P 303 Health Psychology (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 319 Psychology of Personality (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 320 Social Psychology (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 324 Abnormal Psychology (3 cr.)
Category II: Choose 2 of these 3 courses:
- PSY-P 325 Psychology of Learning (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 326 Neuroscience (3 cr.)
- PSY-P 335 Cognitive Psychology (3 cr.)
Supervised Skills Sequence: Choose 1 of these combinations:
- PSY-P 493 (3 cr.) + PSY-P 494 (3 cr.) Supervised Research I & II
- PSY-P 381 Helping Skills and Ethics (3 cr.) + PSY-P 495 Practicum (3 cr.)
Psychology Elective. One additional 3 credit hour psychology course at the 200-, 300- or 400-level is required.
*Psychology majors are not required to take ENG W 350. The intensive writing requirement is fulfilled in PSY-P 459 History & Systems of Psychology.