School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Criminal Justice and Homeland Security
Minor in Criminal Justice
Any IU Kokomo student enrolled in a baccalaureate program, except those enrolled in CJHS, may pursue the following minor. This minor can reinforce and enhance career options for a wide variety of majors, including those interested in attending law school after graduation.
- Minor in Criminal Justice: Students must complete 15 credit hours in criminal justice with a grade of C- or higher in each course.
- The following courses are required of all criminal justice minors:
- CJHS-J 101 American Criminal Justice System (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 201 Introduction to Criminology (3 cr.)
- Criminal Justice Electives. Choose three of the following courses:
- CJHS-J 210 Introduction to Law Enforcement (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 220 American Criminal Courts (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 230 Introduction to Corrections (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 305 Juvenile Justice System (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 310 Criminal Investigation (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 320 Substantive Criminal Law (3 cr.)