School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Criminal Justice and Homeland Security
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- See the “Degree Requirements” section under the “School of Humanities and Social Sciences.”
- Criminal Justice Major: Students must complete a minimum of 48 credit hours in criminal justice with a grade of C- or higher in each course.
- The following courses are required of all criminal justice majors:
- CJHS-J 101 American Criminal Justice System
- CJHS-J 201 Introduction to Criminology
- CJHS-J 202 Criminal Justice Data and Research Methods
- CJHS-J 210 Introduction to Law Enforcement
- CJHS-J 220 American Criminal Courts
- CJHS-J 230 Corrections
- CJHS-J 305 Juvenile Justice System
- CJHS-J 310 Criminal Investigation
- CJHS-J 320 Substantive Criminal Law
- CJHS-J 321 Court Procedure and Evidence
- CJHS-J 330 Correctional Institutions
- CJHS-J 4XX Choose One: J 410, J 430, J 431, or J 459
- Criminal Justice Electives. Four additional 200-, 300- or 400-level criminal justice courses are required. Homeland security/emergency management courses may count as a criminal justice elective.
for the PDF version.