BS in Computer Science
Basic Degree Requirements
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 122 credit hours for the Bachelor of Science degree. Students must complete the specific degree requirements of the School of Informatics and Computing as follows:
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C). Any course taken to satisfy the major requirements must be completed with a minimum grade of
C- unless otherwise specified and the grade point average of all courses taken in the major must be at least 2.0. The major requirements for computer science include core courses, computer science electives, math courses and specialization area courses.
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in courses at the 300-400 (junior-senior) level.
- Students are expected to complete the requirements for their undergraduate degree within eight years of admission to Indiana University. Students are allowed to continue beyond this time period only at the discretion of the Student Services office.
- Courses that fulfill the requirements for a specialization area may also meet the general education distribution requirements.
- Specialization area courses cannot count as computer science core courses, required math courses or computer science elective courses.
- If specialization area courses are equivalent to computer science major course requirements, students should substitute an alternate course.