BS in Informatics
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 122 credit hours for the Bachelor of Science degree. The campus at which a student is admitted will award the degree. Students may transfer no more than 60 credit hours toward a Bachelor of Science degree. Students must complete the specific degree requirements of the School of Informatics and Computing as follows:
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in courses at the 300-400 (junior-senior) level.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C). Any course taken to satisfy the major requirements must be completed with a minimum grade of C– unless otherwise specified, and the grade point average of all courses taken in the major must be at least 2.0. The major requirements for informatics include core courses, informatics electives, and cognate courses.
- Students are expected to complete the requirements for their undergraduate degree within eight years of admission to the School of Informatics and Computing. Students are allowed to continue beyond this time period only at the discretion of the dean. If a student has not taken classes for three years or more, that student must satisfy program requirements of the School of Informatics and Computing in effect at the time of reactivation. Requests for deviation from requirements listed in the bulletin must be approved in writing by the dean, whose decision is final.
- Courses that fulfill the requirements for a cognate area also may meet the general-education distribution requirements.
- Cognate area courses cannot count as informatics core courses or informatics elective courses.
- If cognate area courses are equivalent to informatics core courses, students should substitute additional informatics elective courses in place of informatics core courses to meet the 35 credit hour requirement.
- Courses that fulfill the requirements for a bachelor’s degree in informatics also may apply to a minor outside of the School of Informatics and Computing. Students may obtain a maximum of three minors.