Students wishing to major in informatics or computer science must be admitted to Indiana University and first enter the University Division at IUB. Freshmen should begin to satisfy specific degree requirements in the first year. Undergraduates who wish to be admitted to the School of Informatics and Computing must first satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete 26 credit hours of course work that can count toward a bachelor of science degree in informatics or computer science with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C).
- Complete the English composition requirement (ENG-W 131 or equivalent) with a minimum grade of C.
- Individual programs may have additional requirements.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in informatics must also satisfy the following two requirements:
- Complete INFO-I 101, Introduction to Informatics, with a minimum grade of C.
- Complete the fundamental math skills requirement (MATH-M 118, or equivalent) with a minimum grade of C.
Contact the Office of Admissions at (812) 855-0661, e-mail iuadmit [at] indiana [dot] edu
, or view the Web site at www.indiana.edu/~iuadmit
for complete instructions. For specific information on the Informatics program, phone (812) 856-5754, e-mail undergraduate [at] informatics [dot] indiana [dot] edu
, or view the Web site at www.informatics.indiana.edu
. For specific information on the Computer Science program, phone (812) 855-6038 or e-mail ug-info [at] cs [dot] indiana [dot] edu