Organizations & Services
The Dean’s Associates board is an advisory board to the Dean of the School of Public Health - Bloomington, charged with providing advice and counsel in order to enhance the quality, reputation, and financial strength of the School as well as support to its students, faculty, and programs. Specifically, the Dean’s Associates:
- Aid the Dean of the School of Public Health - Bloomington in defining and realizing the institutional goals of Indiana University.
- Provide the Dean with comment, reaction and counsel on issues of importance to the long-range interests of the School of Public Health - Bloomington.
- Serve as ongoing consultants to the School of Public Health - Bloomington and Indiana University as strategies, programs, and curricula are revised and created.
- Provide general advice regarding student programs and career development.
- Consider Indiana University and the School of Public Health - Bloomington among their philanthropic priorities during service on the Associates board.
- Undertake ad hoc assignments where their individual expertise or influence can be beneficial to the School.
- Play an important conceptual role in enhancing fundraising efforts by assisting in formulating effective strategies and tactics, identifying likely contributors, evaluating potential prospects, and making key contacts.
- Utilize their experience and insight to develop and support ways and means of advancing the presence of the School in the state of Indiana, the region, the nation, and around the world.
- Help to ensure that students and faculty better understand the trends, advances, issues and opportunities facing the allied professions of the School.