- MUS X2 Piano Accompanying (2 cr.) For BM piano majors who have passed the upper-division examination and for MM, AD, and PDSP piano majors. Other qualified students may enroll with approval of the choral department.
- MUS X30 Ballet Ensemble (2 cr.) Required of all ballet students; elective for students outside the Jacobs School of Music with consent of instructor. Rehearsals for ballet and opera production.
- MUS X40 University Instrumental Ensembles (2 cr.)
Bands There are three concert bands (Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band), and Marching Hundred.
Orchestras There are four symphony orchestras (Philharmonic, Concert, Symphony, and University), a chamber orchestra, a Baroque/Classical (period instrument) orchestra, and the New Music Ensemble.
- MUS X50 Marching Hundred for Non–Music Majors (2 cr.) Open to all enrolled students on the Bloomington campus.
- MUS X60 Early Music Ensembles (2 cr.) Concentus, a mixed instrumental/vocal ensemble constituted differently to fit the repertoire of each concert, is required of all early music majors.
- MUS X70 University Choral Ensembles (2 cr.) Choral ensembles include the Oratorio Chorus, Pro Arte Singers, University Singers, University Chorale, NOTUS—Contemporary Vocal Ensemble, Singing Hoosiers, Opera Chorus, Symphonic Choir, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, and International Vocal Ensemble.
- MUS X80 Opera Technical Crew (2 cr.)
- MUS X90 Audio Technical Crew (2 cr.) Required of all recording arts majors.
- MUS X91 String Repair Technical Crew (2 cr.) Required of all string instrument technology majors. Supervised execution of repair and maintenance techniques for string instruments.