Diploma Programs in Performance
Performer Diploma, Solo Performance
A regular departmental performance audition equivalent to a high Master of Music graduation level is required. If admission to the program is by audio recording, a live audition must be successfully completed before registration for a subsequent semester of enrollment. A candidate must hold a U.S. high school diploma or the equivalent. Students with conservatory backgrounds are considered to be doing graduate-level work in the Performer Diploma program, although they might be designated by the university as undergraduates.
Major-level lessons each semester.
Each semester. Piano Students: X002 Piano Accompanying (2 cr.) each semester.
Instrumental students each fall and spring semester, specified by instrument and area:
- Early Music Y450/Y550 Early Music Chamber Ensemble (1 cr.)
- Guitar, Organ, Piano, and Strings, F450/F550 Chamber Music (1 cr.)
- Brass F450/F550 Chamber Music (1 cr.) or F445/F545 Brass Chamber Ensemble (1 cr.)
- Woodwinds F450/F550 Chamber Music (1 cr.) or F446/F546 Woodwind Chamber Ensemble (1 cr.)
- Percussion F450/F550 Chamber Music (1 cr.) or F447/F547 Percussion Chamber Ensemble (1 cr.)
- Harp F450/F550 Chamber Music (1 cr.) or F449/F549 Harp Ensemble (1 cr.)
6 credit hours of courses in music on the undergraduate or graduate level for which the student has the necessary prerequisites, such as music theory, music history, conducting, music education, or opera workshop. Courses selected must be approved by the director of graduate studies.
I611 Performer Diploma Recital (0 cr.) approved according to the hearing procedures for Master of Music recitals.