Bachelor of Science in Ballet
Admission to the curriculum only by recommendation of the Department of Ballet chairperson and approval of the Jacobs School of Music Admissions and Recruitment Committee. A background in music is not a prerequisite for admission to the degree program.
X030 Ballet Ensemble (2 cr.) required every fall semester, spring semester, and second summer session in which a student is registered for any music or non–music course.
62 credit hours
- Ballet J210 Jazz Dance (1-1 cr.)
- J340 Ballet Pedagogy (2-2-2-2 cr.)
- J400 Ballet (Major) minimum 6 credits each semester until graduation examination is completed
- J410 Choreography Workshop (2-2 cr.)
Entrance audition, freshman jury, upper-division examination, graduation examination.
Other Music Courses
10 credit hours. Secondary Piano (2-2), 6 hours elective music courses.
10 credit hours selected from HPER or THTR.
10 credit hours selected from HPER, THTR, or MUS.
24 credit hours
- Written and Oral Expression English composition, 2 credit hours or competency.
- Foreign Language 4-8 credit hours in a single language or proficiency, equivalent to two semesters of first-year language study.
- Humanities 3 credit hours.
- Life and Physical Sciences and Mathematics 3 credit hours.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 credit hours.
- Electives 5-11 credit hours selected from “General Education Requirements.”
To Complete Degree
Free music or non–music electives as needed to bring the total credit hours to 120, excluding major ensemble and I400.