Bachelor of Science in Music and an Outside Field (Ballet Emphasis)
Admission to the curriculum only by recommendation of the Department of Ballet chairperson and approval of the Jacobs School of Music Admissions and Recruitment Committee. A background in music is not a prerequisite for admission to the degree program.
X030 Ballet Ensemble (2 cr.) required every fall semester, spring semester, and second summer session in which a student is registered for any music or non–music course.
54 credit hours
- Ballet J210 Jazz Dance (1-1 cr.)
- J400 Ballet (Major) minimum 5 credits each semester until graduation examination is completed
- J340 Ballet Pedagogy (2-2-2-2 cr.)
- J410 Choreography Workshop (2-2 cr.)
Entrance audition, freshman jury, upper-division examination, graduation examination.
Other Music Courses
10 credit hours. Secondary Piano (2-2), 6 hours elective music courses.
27 credit hours. Subject to approval of the director of undergraduate studies and the advisor of the outside field department or program.
24 credit hours
- Written and Oral Expression English composition, 2 credit hours or competency.
- Foreign Language 4-8 credit hours in a single language or proficiency, equivalent to two semesters of first-year language study.
- Humanities 3 credit hours.
- Life and Physical Sciences and Mathematics 3 credit hours.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 credit hours.
- Electives 5-11 credit hours selected from “General Education Requirements.”
To Complete Degree
Free music or non– music electives as needed to bring the total credit hours to 120, excluding major ensemble and I400.