Undergraduate Academic Programs
Recreational Sport Management
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Craig Ross for academic advising.
Director, Recreational Sport Management Minor Program
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of HPER
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
cmross [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs outside the recreational sport management major, who wish to add a recreational sport management specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Recreational Sport Management Courses (9 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 160 Foundations of Recreation and Leisure (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 206 Recreational Sport Programming (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 472 Youth Sport Management (3 cr.)
Recreational Sport Management Electives (6 credits)
Complete two courses from the following list:
- HPER-R 272 Recreation Activities and Leadership Methods (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 326 Customer Service and Media Relations (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 354 Sport and Violence: Influences and Issues (3 cr.)
- HPER R 367 Event Planning & Program Development (3 cr.)
- HPER R 411 Legal Issues in Sport Settings (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 471 Human Resource Management in Leisure Services (3 cr.)