Undergraduate Academic Programs
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Dr. Shu Cole for academic advising.
Director, Tourism Management Minor Program
Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies
School of HPER
HPER 133 E
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
colest [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs outside the tourism management major, who wish to add a tourism management specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Tourism Management Core Courses (9 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-R 236 Tourism and Commercial Recreation (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 350 Sustainable Tourism (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 352 Resort Management (3 cr.)
Tourism Management Elective Courses (6 cr.)
Complete two courses from the following list:
- HPER-R 326 Customer Service and Media Relations (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 351 Convention Management and Meeting Planning (3 cr.)
- HPER-R 429 Ecotourism: Administration and Management (3 cr.)