Undergraduate Academic Programs
Sport Marketing and Management
Undergraduate students in all schools, except the College of Arts and Sciences, may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Cindy Moore for academic advising.
Department of Kinesiology
School of HPER
HPER 112 K
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
cmmoore [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs other than the sport marketing and management major, who wish to add this specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 21 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Sport Marketing and Management Core Courses (12 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- BUS-A 200 Foundations of Accounting (3 cr.) or BUS-A 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 cr.) or BUS-A 202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3 cr.) or BUS-F 260 Personal Finance (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 211 Introduction to Sport Management (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 318 Management of the Sport Enterprise (P: P 211) (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 418 Sport Marketing (P: P211; BUS F260 or BUS A200 or BUS A201 or A202) (3 cr.)
Specialized Electives (9 cr.)
Complete three of the following courses:
- HPER-P 328 Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 329 Issues in Sport Communication (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 411 Legal Issues in Sport Settings (3 cr.) or HPER-R 411 Legal Issues in Sport Setting (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 415 Sport Promotion and Public Relations (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 423 Financial Principles in Sport (P: P 211) (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 426 Sales Management in Sport (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 428 Strategic Management in the Sport Industry (P: P 211, P 318) (3 cr.)
Recommended (not required)
- HPER-P 439 Practicum in Sport Studies (P: 2.3 CGPA) (1-3 cr.)